We love helping our clients create the lives they dream of while doing good in the world.
By supporting you with a suite of smart services, you can make sound strategic decisions for your business and enjoy the fruits of your hard work.
For small to medium business, we offer accounting and taxation, as well as virtual CFO services including budgeting, forecasting, budget adjustments and financial health checks.
We use ratio analysis and other strategic tools to give you an insight into the real financial health of your business, beyond revenue and profit.
We support you to spot opportunities and threats, act as a sounding board for strategic decision-making and help you stay on track for growth.
Protect yourself and your family with the right corporate structure.
We structure corporate entities to ensure individuals within a business and their personal assets are protected from any risk that the business might be subject to. We also place importance on structuring corporate entities under asset protection, to allow for tax minimisation and the opportunity to build wealth.
Bookkeeping and cloud accounting
Bookkeeping is a crucial foundation for business compliance requirements, and it provides valuable insights into business performance.
Which is why we use cloud-based accounting software: so you can have a bird’s-eye view of the health of your business and personal wealth, on your phone or your laptop, wherever you are and at any time of the day or night.
By utilising the latest cloud technology, our team support and train you or your support staff across the Xero or MYOB systems, ensuring you get the most out of your financial reporting systems.
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounts receivable (sales/invoicing)
- Accounts payable
Budgeting and cash flow forecasting
Setting a budget ensures all areas of your business work towards achieving the same goal.
Setting cash flow forecasts that take into consideration expected accounts receivables and payables, facilitates more responsible management of cash resources, debtor collections and helps you make more informed decisions around future financial outlays or commitments.
We set budgets and cash flow forecasts with our clients annually at minimum, so we can track, measure and benchmark performance against goals. It’s important to incorporate monthly reviews to ensure you are on track to achieve your targets.
If you’re considering purchasing an existing business, thoroughly research the business from both financial and non-financial perspectives, giving consideration as to whether it is the right type of business for you.
We can assist you with evaluating and determining:
- Vendor: reason for sale of business
- Asking price: is it consistent with the business’ sales and earnings history and how does it compare to an independent business valuation or appraisal?
- Sales: patterns, trends, customer base, current suppliers
- Costs: fixed and variable costs, staff costs
- Profits: analysis of financial records, future cash flow and profitability
- Assets: identify and check all assets, including intellectual property and leasing arrangements
- Liabilities: outstanding debts, refunds and warranties
- Purchase agreement: review carefully
- Tax: GST, Capital Gains Tax, stamp duty implications
- Legal issues: leases, business structure
- Working capital requirements: you need to ensure you have enough cash
- Finance: what security can you offer the bank?
- Budgeting: an important consideration before you start trading.
Business improvement and strategic planning
This involves regular and systemised planning, monitoring, reviewing and discussion of important or critical issues, goals and activity facing your business.
We work with you to set goals and objectives, then implement and monitor strategies to improve business performance, and stay on track to achieving your goals.
We hold you (and ourselves) accountable to your goals and, when necessary, modify them as your business and/or lifestyle evolves.
Business failures can be avoided, and in some cases thousands of dollars saved, if more time and expertise was invested in the initial planning and setup of the business.
We can advise you in all of these areas and help you to assess the viability of the business opportunity/idea:
- Business setup, structuring and asset protection
- Budget, forecasting and KPI setting
- Cash flow and working capital requirements
- Analysis of profit margins and required return of owner
- Risk mitigation
- General business advice and network introductions
A succession, or exit plan, outlines who will take over a business when you leave. A good succession plan enables a smooth transition with less likelihood of disruption to operations.
By planning your exit well in advance, you can maximise the value of your business and enable it to meet future needs whether it be acquiring a new business, building on your retirement funds, or taking a world trip.
Tax planning and minimisation
Tax planning is important to identify strategies to ensure you aren’t paying any more tax than required.
We advise you on both individual and organisation levels to ensure you are not missing savings and opportunities.